Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hermit Crabs in the House!

My sister and her kids just left after visiting for five days. While they were here we bought the kids hermit crabs. My kids have four and so do hers. I have been doing some research and they require quite a bit of attention and care. We thought they would be "easy" pets.... but we were wrong. I guess that is why you should research animals before you decide to buy them! I still think it is pretty neat to have the "hermies" as people call them. Hopefully my 12 year old will be responsible and change their water and food every other day and make sure they stay moist... but who knows yet! Only time will tell. They are pretty cute though. My almost 5 year old has named both of his "Crab" and my oldest has named hers "Beast" and "Hermit-the-Crab" my almost two year old did not get any because she can't help take care of them at all, duh! I am going to try and take pictures of them soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment