Friday, June 27, 2014

Kids Academy Company App Review

I was asked to review the Kids Academy Company application, which is now available in the iTunes store.  They are intended for preschool and kindergarten aged kids.  Follow the link above to arrive directly to the app.  The reason I say that is because if you search by Kids Academy Company; you will get several results, most of which are doubles.  I installed all of them on my youngest daughter's iPad Mini to try and discern the differences.  Well, there aren't any.  The apps listed that are doubled are identical except they either labeled GAME or KIDS.  I learned that by following the link above all of the apps are included in one.

The animation of the Kids Academy Company applications are bright, colorful, and engaging.  Your little one can trace letters, numbers, and shapes or sing along with B-I-N-G-O, or read along with The Three Little Pigs story.  My daughter enjoyed the tasks in the apps and loved singing along with the song.  I took some screen shots to show you what to your child will see if they are playing and learning with these apps.

Above is a screenshot of the letter color app.

Above is the animation once your child is done coloring in the letter.

Above is the B-I-N-G-O song.  After the song plays a bit this pops up on the screen, the song continues but you can no longer see the animation.

Above is a screen shot of the Five Little Monkeys story, again the story continues but you cannot see the animation any more.

The one thing that I would suggest to the company is to label these apps as LITE versions.  In my opinion, that would indicate that you are getting only a partial app.  I installed the main app on my iPad and tried it myself.  I can get through three numbers or letters before the pop-up comes telling me I need to make a purchase.  That isn't much free play.  These are cute apps and if you don't mind spending the $9.99 to purchase it, I would say go for it.  I don't think your kids will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment